Wednesday 20 April 2011

New Encaustic Art

Dear readers is has been a while since my last blog, so much to do, so little time to spend blogging about it.


I have been spending a lot of time on Folksy,promoting my shop www.folksy.com/shops/juliemphotography fb and tweeting, and although I am beginning to sell greeting cards, my photographs are still waiting to find new homes.



So I thought that I would try something new, and have just discovered Encaustic Art. If you haven't heard of this artistic medium, you aren't the only one. I didn't know anything about this creative craft until a month ago. It is painting with wax using a hot iron, and it is surprising the results that can be achieved. I can't draw a straight line even with a ruler, but this is so freehand,and almost surreal.


This 6x4" Encaustic Art image is available in my shop for ONLY £4.00 including postage, so if you want something that nobody else has, you know where to go.


There are many talented artist on Folksy so go check them out http://www.folksy.com/ you will find original art, at prices you can afford.


I had a good Sunday I spent the afternoon with a couple of dog lovers, who wanted their beautiful dog Snowy photographed, it is so nice to spend time with like minded people and just chill.

















So I hope that everyone has a great Bank Holiday and enjoys the sunshine.

Off to take Skeet out, and then get on with the gardening.

Don't you just love Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment