Wednesday 11 August 2010






It was a Friday evening,the sun was shining and the sky was blue, and from the moment I saw her, I was head-over-heels in love.
Her name is Megan, and she is a magnificent and very statuesque Harrier Hawk.
I had been pestering her Falconeer Steve to let me take some photographs of her for months,but when if first met her, I was stunned by her beauty and grace.
Megan is 6 years old, and is the pround parent of a male Harrier Hawk.
I was told that she now needs to get down to her flying weight,for her to be able to hunt as nature intended, free,fast and deadly.
The Harrier Hawk,as most birds of prey,kill their food instantly with their powerful talons,and their exceptional eyesight allows them to see their food from great distances.
When you have a Harrier Hawk on your arm,you can feel the power and strenght of the talons of these magnifencet creatures even through the heavy falconeers glove.

Megan in accompaned on her hunting by two very friendly and playful Springer Spaniels.
These working dogs are a pair, and Steve is hoping that Jess and Tom will mate and have puppies,so guess where I will be, right there with my camera, taking puppy pictures.

Steve and his wife Mary, are the most contented and happy couple, and being in the company of these dogs and birds, I can understand why.

No comments:

Post a Comment